Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cat training and Mum's wee bit of news



Well it's not exactly training but we did get a leash for our cat Dolphin so he could safely go outside. He has actually taken to it without much of an issue. We just have to be ready when he leaps after a fly! Of course now he meows at the door waiting to be taken outside!

And now to my wee bit of news.....David is soon to be joined in the publishing world by his wife!! Yes ..me....I have had a knitting pattern accepted by an online knitting website called knitty.com
Obviously it's small potatoes compared to the hubby but it's major for me ( I do get paid a wee amount for this). It will be out in the summer issue and will have photos of Maya wearing the design (which is a skirt but I can't publish any pictures until the design comes out online).
So now I'm officially a knitwear designer! I'm already planning submissions to other places!
I have also just set up my very own knitting blog which will be called Shetland Trader (well there is nothing on the blog yet but I'll link to it once I put some stuff on there). I'm using Maggie's picture above as my wee trademark signature and hope it will become some kind of business for me in the future. The website that is publishing the pattern will allow me to provide a link to blog/website hence my being prompted to finally get around to doing what I had been meaning to for a while.
Yipee...I'm so excited!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well-good for you. This is no small thing considering how many submissions Knitty must receive.

Beth Armstrong said...

Hi G,

We are so proud of you!

This is fantastic news, we all knew you already had the talent and skills and this just goes to confirm it. Watch out, those orders will be flooding in very shortly! Molly looks fab in her skirt, and I think I will have to put in my order for the adult version before you get too busy!

Really, really excited and chuffed for you sis!

Bethxxxx

alex said...

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

Anonymous said...

Thank You for the kind words.
Fresno is in the Central Valley of California and Silverlake is in Los Angeles between Hollywood and Glendale.
I don't know much about Fresno, but I always liked the name, it sound so cool....
Be sure to check out the Chamber of Commerce because they always have a lot of good information,

James McLauchlan Johnston said...

Well done sis.

The Johnston/Durham/Armstrong online community seems to keep on building.

I'm proud of us all.

Jim Jimminy.