Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Birthday Girl


So here are some pictures from our wee lassie's day of turning 7. As I set the table with her cards and presents the night before I was following in the footsteps of my Mum who would always create a special and carefully wrapped display that I'd look forward to waking up to (Thanks Mum).....I wanted to recreate that for Maya so stayed up making some Happy Birthday letters out of this clay that can be baked...however my letters came out rather brown looking!..Maya didn't notice!


Maya's main present was a doll called Kaya which is the character from some books we have been reading. It was the first time Maya had gotten a Doll as a present....I think she was very chuffed!


She also got this beautiful cat print (drawn by Maggie) from Granny and Grandpa and has now added it to her art wall in her bedroom.

David made Maya the costume she is modelling...a sort of Godess/priestess/mists of avalon type of thing!



We spent the rest of the day with our wonderful, cool, fabbby friends Jenn, Gerry, Winter and Sedona over on their side of the Valley. We took a little hike and then cooled off in the river where there were these rock slides and pools. The sliding part looked a little painful so we watched as Winter experienced it for us. We headed back to their house after for handmade Sushi from David (with a little sushi making lesson thrown in for Jenn), pizza and some fine Wine and Beer! Jenn Got out her guitar and we indulged in some Joni Mitchell and Carole King...made me think of you again Mum!
A wonderful time was had by all!

1 comment:

Gerry said...

We were blessed to share Maya's birthday with you folk! And the sushi was awesome! And... I guess the bathing suit pic is okay...